Friday, 3 February 2012

It's already the second month of 2012 and work has resumed full swing since the new semester started on the 4th January. My expectations to see some changes in my favour do not seem to show any sign of being fulfilled in the near future. I have, however, brace myself so as not to anticipate anything to avoid disappointments. This is the time to practice what I always preach to my students.

Speaking of students...I am entrusted with two groups of Guru Sandaran Tidak Terlatih (GSTT), one the Program Persediaan Ijazah Sarjana Muda Perguruan (PPISMP) and the other Diploma Perguruan Lepas Ijazah (DPLI). These programmes are newly introduced and they cater for those who have at least two years experience teaching in primary schools as untrained contract teachers. It's an advantage to teach them because of their teaching experiences. They are able to relate easily to classroom situations. Given the correct and ample guidance, they should perform well in their practicum and later as trained teachers. My anticipation is more on their academic performance.

Another group is the same group which I taught in 2010 when the students were doing their preparatory course. Now, they are already undergraduates. I enjoyed teaching them then and they were already at home with me. Thus, teaching them again for another two semesters this year would be like resuming the relationship and rapport that we have built with each other. They have a commendable attitude towards learning and teaching them gives me a lot of pleasure.

Numerous new events and involvements are anticipated this semester. My hopes are that I will be able to live up to others' expectations of me and fulfilled my duties as a lecturer, facilitator and administrator effectively and commendably...Insya'Allah.

No comments:

Post a Comment