Thursday, 15 December 2011

A Reason For Everything

I was by chance having lunch at Hulu Bernam with my mum yesterday, a makan place we have not tried before. To my delight, ikan patin masak tempoyak was one of the dishes available. While enjoying my food, an elderly lady seated at the table next to ours started making small talks with my mum. Before long, both ladies were exchanging stories and the makcik took the lead when I asked who was the boy (about a year old) she was holding. Such a friendly boy, smiling and trying to get everyone's attention all the while. I felt a pang of sadness in me when it was unfolded that the little boy has just lost his father a few months ago. He died a mysterious death at the age of 31. Soon after, his mother left for her kampong in Kelantan due to unbearable sadness of the loss of her husband, leaving her son with his grandmother.

It's bewildering that a mother could just desert her year-old son for self-consolation. I couldn't help but think about him over and over again. When my sister passed away and left two children ages 7 and 9, I was wretched with the thought of them growing up without a mother. But this boy, he will grow up not knowing his parents at all. He will have no memories of them. Such overwhelming sadness indeed!

Nevertheless, keeping faith in Allah and believing in qada and qadar, I am sure everything happens for a reason. I extend my doa for this boy, asking for Allah to embrace him in His utmost care...Amin

1 comment:

  1. poor him... everything that happened must have a reason...

    ReplyDelete