Saturday, 4 December 2010

Traffic Summon Discounts: A Sad Joke

Those who received traffic summons after 30th November will enjoy discounts up to 50% depending on how prompt the payment is made. How sad can a joke be? Rules are violated but you are rewarded. Will lesson be learned? Furthermore, is this fair onto those who were summoned before the set date?

The traffic police has been so inconsistent where summons are concerned as far as I can remember. Enforcing certain rules seem to be done ad hoc occasionally. It sickens me sometimes. For example, I have been checking my summons via internet and there was none in 2008 and 2009. Recently, when I checked for this year's, it showed I have one summon dated 7 June 2007. Why didn't it appear in 2008 and 2009? And how come I was able to renew my road tax in both years? Is this twilight zone or what?

My respect for the traffic police is indeed thinning...




No comments:

Post a Comment